Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Projects

Last weekend, I had no trial, no show, no activities planned….what to do with myself, yeah, right. Errands, chores out of the way, I had a couple of projects I had wanted to start. I had recently gotten on sale, a very nice outfit for conformation shows (finding outfits for conformation is a whole blog or two) but it really needed some accessories ;-) so off to the bead store I went, and this is what I created………really turned out pretty.


















The other project was for Suds, he has always had trouble with the triple jump. The issue is because triple jumps are made to fit all heights, with the spread increasing as the height increases, when you get to the lower heights the front rail is set back from the front edge of the standards. Suds thinks he needs to take off from the front edge of the standard, which makes the spread for him much wider than he needs to jump and sometimes causes him to come down on the back rail. So, I needed a triple jump for us to experiment and practice on………holy cow, expensive. I would have liked to buy a regulation one, but they run over $200, yikes! So, I made one. To buy one just like the one I made, it would have run about $140, materials from Menards less than $20, a couple hours and voila…..turned out pretty good. The most expesive part was the tape to color the rails ;-)

















Here are a couple of Josie trying it out;















~Melissa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job on both projects, M!! From beads to PVC ... pretty handy there, girl lol. How is Suds doing with the 3x jump?

Melissa said...

Hey V! Thanks!
Suds and the triple are coming along. He is doing better if I am close, If I get to far ahead he gets a little worried - but that is an ongoing Suds issue....
~M