Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bloggin'

Ok, so I finally get around to a blog……I have enjoyed reading other blogs, maybe there is someone who will enjoy mine.
The main purpose is to help chronicle the progress or lack of my latest agility prospect Myth. Of course, the way my thought run, a little of this and that will be included.


I am MeLou Lhasas, regularly exhibiting my Lhasas in conformation and agility.
With the help of Julie Timbers and Debby Rothman of Fleetfire/Timbers (FFT) I successfully bred and whelped my first litter of Lhasas June ’09. The puppies out of my Agility star Josie (her picture is in the blog header) and FFT’s Edmund have all started in their conformation and agility training. 2 girls, Myth (MeLou Shambhala) and Moka (MeLou Shot In The Dark) and 1 boy Elliot (FFT MeLou Spill The Wine).


Myth (MeLou Shambhala) is my keeper, this blog is mostly to chronicle her agility training progress and conformation showing. We have started our agility training with Jacque Hoye of Red Hot Agility dogs http://www.redhotagilitydogs.com/ . I was lucky enough to stumble upon Jacque when I decided to enroll Josie in a puppy agility class to expend a little of the energy she seemed to generate (a story for a later post). Myth is doing awesome….. I started shaping Myth, along with her littermates when they were weeks old, Boy, does it make her eager to try new things and think for herself. Fun, fun fun. Next week we start Turbo Puppy Agility foundation class……it is a puppy foundation class geared towards handlers who have previously trained a dog for agility, I am really looking forward to it.


~Melissa
You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence. You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves. ~Abraham Lincoln


No comments: