Monday, June 28, 2010

Weave training


I have started Myth on her weave training. On The Run started a 2x2 weaves class, just a short 3 week session, we have had 2 classes, I don’t have 2x2’s yet so with no training in between classes can I just say WOW! It is absolutely amazing to watch their little minds work it out. Myth has caught on really quick. I am hoping she will have better, more independent weaves than Josie. The 2x2 method actually teaches them to think and to find the correct entrance. It is based on shaped behavior.

I looked at purchasing 2x2 weaves, yikes, the going price for 1 2x2 weave (2poles) is $45. Down to the basement shop I go……for about $30 in materials I was able to make 4 sets of 2x2’s, very easily. They are not metal bases, but they will work just fine.

We'll see how it goes, I may end up re-training Josie’s weaves using the 2x2 method..

~M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the weave poles, M!!! Treats for you lol. You could always add a small hole to the stabilizer ends and stake them if necessary

Melissa said...

Thanks V !!
I think I will most likely add a small hole and stake 'em, especiall when I put them together.
~M